Payroll Benefits And Proposals Associate
New Haven , CT 06501
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Payroll Benefits and Proposals Associate will be responsible for working with the Finance Team to support the delivery of the companys goals and objectives.
The role requires a focus on customer orientation keen attention to detail, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
The role is required to be a subject matter expert and administrator of all things related to payroll and benefits for all U.S. employees, including compliance, analysis, reconciliation, and diligent record keeping.
- Accurately processes, tracks, and administers all payroll activities for hourly and salaried employees, including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, statutory deductions, retroactive payments, off-cycle payrolls, manual checks, taxable and non-taxable benefits and all other special compensation matters.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, garnishments, and other deductions.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Provides functional and technical support related to payroll processing while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Contributes to all documentation and maintenance of payroll and benefits records to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintains payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consults with People & Culture (P&C) and finance teams to help improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Liaise with the People & Culture Senior Business Partner and the companys insurance brokers during the Open Enrollment period to ensure all employee benefits are accurately renewed and maintained within the company HRIS, while assisting employees with any benefits related inquiries.
- Responsible for setting up new hire benefits in company benefits portal.
- Process enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
- Maintains vendor contact to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Manages all leave of absence requests and claims (FMLA, Disability).
- Responsible for workers compensation benefit claims and internal incident reports.
- Respond to all unemployment claims.
- Provide necessary info for Workers Compensation and Unemployment claims.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws and regulations and ensure compliance with each.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Provides vendors documentation for life insurance, retirement, disability, and workers' compensation benefits claims.
- Manage Paid Time Off set-up & tracking according to policy.
- Maintains People & Culture Information System records and provides benefit reports from database.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Liaise with counterpart in Australia as required.
- Maintain current and accurate employee records such as personal data, compensation, benefits, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Advise P&C when Policies need reviewing and ensure they are up to date, maintained and circulated amongst staff when any changes take place.
- Liaise with the companys insurance broker and finance team to maintain accurate reporting of the companys invoicing for health insurance plans (medical, dental vision), STD, LTD and life insurance, flex spending accounts, background checks, and the 401K plans.
- Create customer budgets on request for proposals, specifically budget models for Clinical Trial proposals.
- Create budgets for customer proposals based on RFPs received, internal inputs, and within company approved standards.
- Responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Respond to and solve benefits inquiries from all employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Finance, or Human Resources or related field
- At least 3+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Experience in benefits administration is essential (medical, dental, vision, 401K administration, life and disability insurance).
- Preferred knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems.
Skills, knowledge and specialist expertise
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interacting with all levels of management and global colleagues, time management, follow-up, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as a business partner
- Strong Excel skills for data entry and manipulation
- A commitment to confidentiality and privacy
A Cognitive Science Company on a Mission
Our mission at Cogstate is to optimize the measurement of brain health to advance the development of new medicines and to enable earlier clinical insights in healthcare. We are driven by the notion that through our work we impact the health of communities by delivering solutions that combine breakthrough science with advanced technologies. We are inspired by the dedication of researchers and the resilience of patients, and we are strengthened by our 20-year heritage supporting them. We are always working to simplify the complex with solutions that offer insights and hope for the future of healthcare, particularly dementia-related diseases and rare and pediatric disorders
Cogstate Core Values
Do the Right thing
- We are honest and dependable. We keep our promises, act with integrity and foster trust through fairness, transparency, and open communication
Think like a customer
- We see our customers challenges as our own and strive to help them succeed. We listen, learn what makes them tick and adapt to creatively meet their needs.
Take care of each other
- We work together to tackle big challenges that can only be achieved through the collective and caring efforts of diverse individuals. We show appreciation, value differences, and celebrate wins.
Lead with science
- We are determined, curious thinkers who use knowledge and data to challenge the status quo and redefine what is possible. We are experts in our fields who are trusted by our customers.
- We are accountable to excellence and hold ourselves to high standards. We are problem solvers at heart and quick to both identify obstacles and bring solutions
- We show resilience in the face of hardship to do the messy work of innovating. We stick to difficult tasks with grit and determination. We iterate, experiment, and embrace failing forward.
See the big picture
- We are driven by an understanding that the work we do matters. Our personal connections to the mission may be different, but we know our why and it motivates us to do our best work.
Cogstate is committed to building and maintaining a fair, diverse and inclusive workplace where the personal worth of each employee is recognized, and all are respected and valued for their differences. We believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, skills, experiences, and attributes makes us a stronger organization, including those differences gained on account of gender, gender identity, age, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background or sexual orientation. To learn more, please read our diversity policy here.