Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist
Pasadena , CA 91101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About Kitchen United:
Kitchen United is a new-to-the-world multi-unit concept that meets at the intersection of three food megatrends: localization, delivery, and artisanal production. Kitchen United provides the commercial kitchen infrastructure to enable big restaurant brands to get closer to their customers, all types of restaurants to optimize their footprint for off-premise dining occasions.
The food delivery industry is already massive ($43B in 2017) and is projected by Morgan Stanley to eclipse $210B in the next ten years. As Kitchen United expands, and opens 15-20 facilities across the country, we will provide the infrastructure to help facilitate this growth. Our plan calls for opening 100+ locations over the next few years, each with 15-20 restaurants. It will be the fastest ever restaurant expansion.
About the Role:
Kitchen United is looking for a Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist that plays an integral role in our ambitious growth plans. As the Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist you will:
- Process new business and payroll-related registrations for new state and local jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Design, architect and implement new work streams using ADP system and the NetSuite system.
- Maintain and process payroll including new hires, terminations, rate changes, garnishments, 401k and benefit deductions
- Maneuver through the various Federal and multi-state and local wage and hour laws
- Understand withholding, tax tables and garnishment regulations
- Responsible for performing payroll related audits such as workers compensation audits
- Understand multi-state labor/timekeeping laws to process terminations and understand due dates and avoid incurring penalties
- Maintain appropriate documentation and understand approval processes for payroll transactions
- Maintain payroll records as regulated by federal and state laws and maintain confidentiality of these files
- Complete projects and special assignments as directed by the Controller
- Audit data in HRIS system to ensure benefits, hours, rates, hierarchies, accruals, etc, are set up and administered properly
- Responsible for providing responses to team members and management with questions, concerns and requests regarding payroll
- Reconcile payroll register and W2 reports to the ERP/general ledger monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Design, architect and implement new work streams for the back office procure to pay process leveraging interfaces between the NetSuite system and various front of house systems for authorizing vendor payments. The main areas will include, but are not limited to:
- Automate the vendor creation process for new vendors when entering new markets
- Establish an automated procurement requisition and purchase order process that aligns with budget expectations by general ledger, profit center and cost center.
- Vendor invoice intake mechanism and ease of review and approval
- Establish mapping expenditures protocols for various general ledger accounts (including CapEx), profit centers, and cost centers.
- Standardizing and automating the processing of recurring vendors and establish auto pay protocols.
- Process new business registrations in new states and local jurisdictions.
- Responsible for maintaining highly accurate accounts payable supporting documents for entry into the accounting system. This includes scanning paper invoices, downloading electronic invoices, and labeling appropriately.
- Using complex Excel model to audit trip vendor invoices and audit invoices to current contract terms.
- Responsible for invoice payment tracking and responding to vendor issues.
- Responsible for invoice approval process, including routing invoices for approval and following up as necessary.
- Review vendor statements and enter adjustments or work with vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Review and process employee travel and expense reports for proper documentation and account coding.
- Assist the department in streamlining processes such as finding opportunities to consolidate invoicing, improving the approval process, or implementing a more automated system.
- Receive, process, verify, and reconcile all invoices for accuracy, including obtaining approvals and coding within NetSuite accounting system.
- Issue/process purchase orders
- Conduct necessary research to obtain invoice, receiver or other documentation in order to process payments in a timely manner.
- Process new vendor setup requests, including obtaining all required documents (Form W-9, New Vendor approval forms)
- Obtain appropriate check request approvals based on company guidelines
- Prepares all remittance information to be mailed with the checks.
- Correspond with Vendors for A/P on a timely basis regarding routine internal/external inquiries on payment status, discrepancies, etc.
- Maintain a running log of outstanding obligations incurred but not billed from the vendors for recording monthly accrued liabilities.
- Ensures that necessary information is maintained to ascertain which vendors are subject to 1099 reporting and generate 1099 forms.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, and month end close procedures.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files including filing, scanning and storage of documents.
- Maintain amortization schedules of prepaid expenses and post related journal entries
- Reconcile vendor accounts payable and accrued liabilities to the ERP/general ledger monthly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in designing, architecting and implementing new work streams in procure to pay and payroll processing-- either by in start-up environments or by implementing new systems.
- 5+ years of procure to pay, accounts payable and payroll processing experience for over 500+ employees.
- Experience with multi-state registration and processing filing compliance requirements is a must
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/human resources or related field
- MUST have working experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Knowledge of human resource functions
- Must have experience working in ADP Workforce Now and NetSuite
- Customer service mindset
- Experience in an accounting/finance role with focus on auditing and A/P transactions
- Exceptional analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, changing work environment and work under strict deadlines and maintain calm and collected attitude
- Strategic problem solving skills and able to determine when to escalate issues and concerns
- Advanced Excel skills, including intermediate formula building
- Must be process oriented and able to execute measurable, repeatable, compliant payroll processes
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll regulations, specifically termination regulations
- Knowledge of SOX Compliance and Security Controls
- Restaurant or retail experience a plus
Kitchen United is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Kitchen United will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.