Santa Clara , CA 95050
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
Shockwave Medical Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated candidate to be a Payroll Accountant!
The Payroll Accountant is responsible for performing all payroll activities. The Payroll Accountant ensures payroll is processed with speed and accuracy and complies with company specific pay policies. Verifies compliance with federal and state payroll requirements and stays current with changes in the law.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process and reconcile payroll in multiple states, including local tax deductions, exempt and non-exempt
- Review and analyze current timecards, payroll, benefits, and taxes to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Participate in the monthly close process, including maintaining the general ledger by posting entries and reconciling accounts
- Partner effectively and proactively with Human Resources, Legal, Sales Operations, and Finance to ensure coordination of information across departments.
- Process commission payout and adjustments
- Interface with all levels of the organization to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide information related to payroll and commissions
- Research, gather, and prepare materials for workers compensation, tax, and financial audits as required
- Distill complex findings and detailed research into executive summaries and presentations for crucial management and executive decisions
- Provide high quality customer service to employees through superior technical work as well as effective project management and communication
- Other duties as assigned. These job requirements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) required
- 5 years experience of corporate accounting in payroll (multi-state)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high attention to details. Able to stay flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with payroll processing on ADP Workforce Now is preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives
- High attention to detail, organization, and possesses a sense of urgency
- Exercises sound judgement in decision-making situations
- Analytical skillset with proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Shockwave Medical offers competitive salary, equity and healthcare. If you have experience and initiative for this fast paced fun start-up, please apply!