Paycom Specialist - DFW 10-7 Shift
Paycom Software, Inc.
Irving , TX 75061
Posted 2 months ago
Job Location: Irving Office - Irving, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School/GED
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: General Business
A Paycom Specialist provides clients a single point of contact for proactive customer service of all HCM products, client training, technical support, and payroll service. The Specialist is the front line for both client retention and satisfaction.
A Paycom Specialist ensures that all payrolls for their assigned clients are 100% accurate, new administrators and users are appropriately trained, and requests for assistance, questions and fixes are answered in a timely manner. The Specialist provides solutions to client inquiries and always does so with a smile in their voice and the client in their mind. The Specialist thrives in a collaborative work environment and takes responsibility to handle problems through to completion, thus forming a trusted relationship with their clients and colleagues.
The Specialist exhibits the Paycom attitude of willingness to go the extra mile to resolve a problem and takes every opportunity to learn and expand their industry and technical knowledge. When confronted with a challenging problem, the Specialist empathizes with the client, takes full responsibility to resolve the issue, asks for help when needed, and understands the urgency and criticality of each situation.
- Proactively anticipates and acts on client needs. A Paycom Specialist strives to resolve client inquiries within 10 minutes and achieve same call resolution. Email inquiries should be responded to as quickly as possible with the majority resolved on the same day received. Email responses are clear, have actionable instructions including screen shots and are 100% accurate in terms of technical knowledge. The Specialist also provides background support to team members' clients if their main contact is unavailable. (Listening, empathy, technical knowledge.)
- Ensure payrolls for all assigned accounts are processed with 100% accuracy. Proactively acts on all payroll instructions, arranges payment methods, and monitors, validates, and acts on any highlighted red flags in each payroll run. Communicates payroll status quickly and accurately both internally and to the client. Troubleshoots payroll problems as needed in real time. (Technical knowledge, attention to detail)
- Maintains client accounts by providing excellent client service. Maintains a minimum client satisfaction score of 8+. Understands the impact of service quality on client satisfaction. Receives unsolicited positive feedback from clients regarding the clarity of their communications, technical knowledge, patience, and problem-solving abilities. The Specialist strives to form a productive partnership with each client, following up on all problems and inquiries to ensure full resolution. (Empathy, technical knowledge, communications.)
- Trains clients in the use of the system. Proactively reaches out to clients to identify new users and leaders. Provides one-on-one training when appropriate to make a client successful. Coordinates more formal training using all available Paycom resources including, Paycom University, webinars, LMS and field personnel. Proactively educates clients in new releases and new products. Takes the time to train while responding to questions on the phone and in emails. The goal is to assist clients to become more and more self-sufficient in getting the full value out of the system. (Communication)
- Actively engages in self-learning and self-improvement. Successfully completes the 7-week training program through active participation in all role plays and assignments and passing all testing. Becomes a perpetual learner. Consistently completes assigned Paycom Learning courses for continual education on all products and processes. Dives into all required and non-required technical knowledge by fully understanding monthly product updates, Paycom offerings and the technical details of how to use them. Actively seeks guidance on how to improve and apply new knowledge regularly. Examines situations that occurred with clients with the intent to improve future client interactions. Fully open to suggestions for improvement. (Self-motivation, curiosity, communication.)
- Accurately documents all calls. Notes are accurate and insightful. The CRM reflects all problems solved during each client interaction. Documentation is clear enough that inquiries and complaints can be traced to the source and the situation is clearly explained in the notes. (Attention to detail.)
- Creatively addresses complex client issues. Actively communicates with clients regarding usage and best practices while anticipating future client needs. Demonstrates sound judgment, uses resources wisely, and knows when to escalate. When an issue cannot be resolved immediately, the Specialist applies their creativity to identify alternatives and workarounds to enable Paycom clients to meet their needs until a more permanent solution is found. Understands that their most important priority is to get the client's needs satisfied. Demonstrates a strong sense of client orientation and an understanding of the business needs of their assigned clients. Views the situation from the user's perspective and tries to understand the obvious and hidden needs of users. (Flexibility, creativity, innovation.)
- Ensures seamless interaction between support teams and proactively shares information. Demonstrates a high degree of collaboration with their teams. The Specialist makes positive suggestions as to how to improve the department and the client service process in team review meetings. Offers assistance voluntarily and willingly, interacting politely and professionally with team members. (Natural helpfulness, communication, professionalism.)
- Demonstrates general helpfulness to colleagues. Each specialist demonstrates the willingness to help their colleagues by sharing knowledge, being punctual and available when the team is busy, and showing overall care for team members. Understanding and living the Paycom values is an important driver for success in this role. (Interpersonal relationships, collaboration.)
- 2 years of professional work experience post-college graduation in a client-facing role (on phone or in person)
- Experience utilizing Excel for imports/exports and formatting
Ability to analyze data/trends and understand client business models.
A passion for helping others and providing award-winning support every day.
Professional communication through phone, email, and in person. Listening and providing empathy is crucial.
Computer skills in Windows and MS office and the ability to easily learn new applications.
Advanced troubleshooting of all Paycom's products.
Interest in gaining knowledge on payroll tax and human resource related topics.
Traits required to succeed in this role: detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, project/deadline driven.
Remains calm no matter how stressful the situation. You must perform at your best under pressure.
Strong problem solver with analytical aptitude.
Team player who initiates solutions to help the team meet performance goals.
Willingness to work overtime and additional hours outside normal shift. Working some weekends will be required to meet team and department goals.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit.
Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.