Landis Deck & Sons in Bernville, PA, a division of the H&K Group, Inc., is looking for an experienced Highway Paving Crew, including paving foreman, operators and laborers.
The paving foreman directs activities of workers concerned with paving of roads and highways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read blueprints and job related documents. Record daily events in job diary.
- Schedules materials, equipment and work for the crew. Analyze crew SIP's to create site SIP's.
- Obtains quantities from crews and prepare for billing process with PM.
- Analyzes cost reports for production adjustments. Accurately code onsite costs and control them.
- Conducts site meetings. Attend Job Turnover meetings.
- Communicates goals and purposes effectively. Lead and demonstrate by example.
- Influences and enforces company values. Recognizes misalignments with company values and culture and ensures compliance.
- Understands and anticipates customer's needs.
- Understands business practices within the organization. Understands the importance of repeat business.
The paving operator operates equipment in a safe and responsible manner to achieve daily production goals by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and H&K Safety policies.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to control operation, function and movement of machine.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to operate equipment most efficiently.
- Cleans equipment as scheduled.
- Ensures equipment is safely and securely parked and stored.
- Maintains equipment by greasing properly and checking fluids daily (oils, coolant, fuel level).
- Performs daily checks on equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Notifies shop foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
Excellent Pay and Benefits!