The Patient ServiceRepresentative supports the physician and clinical staff in the delivery ofhealth care by performing a variety of administrative related tasks to maintaina smooth and efficient front office workflow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing. Other duties may beassigned.
2.Collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcilepayments/batch fee tickets.
4.Review patient demographics and insuranceinformation.
5.Perform/update demographics and insuranceregistration.
6.Collect co-pay/insurance cards, copying requiredinformation.
7.Manage patient flow.
8.Maintain waiting rooms.
9.Schedule first available appointments.
10. Takevoice mail messages off phones and direct appropriately.
11. Answerand triage calls, directing to appropriate individuals or departments.
12. Handleall telephone interactions.
13. Performcheck-in and check-out functions.
14. Processand track referrals.
15. Handlepatient/MD correspondence.
16. Manageall MD requests.
17. Schedulepatients with ancillary and specialty providers.
18. Abilityto train all PSR-I and PSR-II.
19. Respondto patient questions and complaints.
20. Monitorwork flow/review morning and afternoon tasks.
21. Assistin work assignments.
22. Reportperformance issues to supervisors.
23. Recommendareas for improvement.
24. Interface/liaisonwith other departments.
25. Assistin meeting/auditing.
26. Distribute patients to variousrounding teams, using set of guidelines. Requires rudimentary understanding ofmedical terms to appropriately cohort patients.
27. Respond to email requests forupcoming patient admissions. Includes:
a. replying to emails regarding newconsults/admissions, upcoming surgical cases, upcoming direct admits, SNFtransfers
b. Adding those patients to EMR andmemos
28. Keep track of daytime pendingadmissions, to assign admits to hospitalist on-deck for next admission (keepingin mind cohorting list guidelines)
29. Provide backup coverage for otheradministrative assistants
30. Other duties as assigned
High school diploma orequivalent.
1.3-6 years experiencepreferred.
2.Proventrack record with customer service and practice operations.
3.Abilityto teach others about medical terminology and insurance concepts.
4.Workingknowledge of master schedules and templates.
6.Experience with heavy phone volume.
7.Ability to problem solve/prioritize.
8.Advanced knowledge of medical terminology andinsurance concepts (ability to problem solve and assist patients).
9.Ability toschedule using summary search.
10. Be able todifferentiate between CSMG & CSHA, HMO, PPO, and POS; be able to followP&P accordingly.
Working Title: Patient Service Rep III - Inpatient Specialty Program
Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Administrative
Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Full-time