Patient Registration Rep
Chandler , AZ 85286
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Patient Registration Rep Physician Practice
Chandler, AZ (Phoenix metro area, East Valley)
This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position expected to last several months, or longer! Patient
Patient Registration Rep Background:
- Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms.
- Verifies and documents insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors.
- Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations
- Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains financial policies and available alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
- Schedules office visits and procedures as necessary. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits.
- Maximizes reimbursement by scheduling patients in accordance with payor plan provisions.
- Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills while dealing with patient concerns through telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations.
- Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to policies and laws.
- Provides a variety of patient services to assist in patient flow including but not limited to escorting patients, taking vitals and patient history, assisting in patient treatment, distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate or Bachelor degree is a plus.
- At least 2 years healthcare support experience, preferably in a Hospital Central Business Office, or other provider office setting.
- Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services, or insurance industry processes.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills as well as strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems is highly desirable.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speakers are a plus.