HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast Pasadena, TX
PATIENT COORDINATOR / NAVIGATOR (FQFC)
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is currently looking for a PATIENT COORDINATOR / NAVIGATOR (FQFC)
1.Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment. 2. Housed within the FQFC, navigator will provide mutual benefit to both Hospital and FQFC by helping patients navigate delivery options offered at Hospital; then works with FQFC team to help return mothers who delivered with our hospital and their babies to the FQFC post partum.
3.Acts as an advocate for clients with other organizations, agencies and/or physician offices
4.By patient request, acts as a delegate for issues/concerns surrounding prenatal or post-partum care
5.Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedures. 6. Respects patient privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other protected information.
7.Creates and maintains logs of work performed; documenting key information received and actions taken when encountering and transferring patients 8. Provides effective communication to Director/Manager and FQFC designees
9.Educates families on community resources for referrals. 10. Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement "Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives." Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
11. Attends training to support Community Healthworker Certification 12. Identifies potential solutions and makes recommendations to Director or Manager to implement changes when barriers are identified. 13. Facilitates patient referrals for insurance application assistance 14. As time allows beyond navigating and documenting/tracking delivery options, will provide office support by answering calls, scheduling appointments and/or providing staff support
15. Participates in hospital performance activities to improve safety and patient outcomes.
16. Performs other duties as assigned or required. 17. Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment. 18. Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
19. Provides medical records for patients transferring to other physician's office and/or providing medical records to appropriate hospitals' 20. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time"
21. Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital. 22. Teaches and models appropriate behaviors to clients.
Community Healthworker Certification Preferred (required to complete within 6 months of employment)
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred
4-5 years of experience in social services, Medicaid Enrollment or other related field required.