Assist the Patient Care Manager and Patient Care staff. Maintain patient assignment list, make change notices on status of patients and log admission and discharge of patients into Medical Records book. Also responsible for receptionist duties and general office support. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Companys budget. Travel as necessary.
ATTRIBUTES / QUALIFICATIONS
The successful Patient Care Secretary must be able to work in an interdisciplinary setting and have a strong knowledge of medical terminology. Must have excellent customer service skill and be proficient with the PC including the MS suite of products. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years medical office secretarial experience. LPN/LVN certification preferred.
1.Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission Vision Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
2.Verify accuracy of data entry from completed admission
3.In the absence of a Site Revenue Coordinator, maintain recertification of insurance benefits per Billing Procedures Manual.
4.File and keep medical records current.
5.Print and distribute current census.
6.Create information face sheets on patients and distributes to staff. Notify staff of discharges and change of status on patients. Maintain admissions and discharge records.
7.Maintain on-call book with up-to-date information.
8.Assist Patient Care Manager with Quality Assessment Performance Improvement.
9.In absence of Medical Records Coordinator, log and mail telephone prescriptions for physician's signature, maintaining "tickler file" until signed order is returned. Log returned telephone prescriptions.
10. Prepare for IDG, copies/faxes IDG notes to attending physicians. Tracks Recertification Periods and alerts Patient Care Manager of upcoming recertifications.
11. Answer phones for receptionist during lunch hour and breaks or during absence.
12. Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
13. Participate in evening/weekend on-call or overtime as required, conducting on-call services in a clinically competent and responsive manner.
14. Assure for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established company policies and procedures.
15. Regular attendance is to be maintained.
16. Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with the Companys policy is expected.
17. Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
18. Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Companys mission.
19. Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
20. Create and maintain a professional atmosphere that is also a fun place to work.
21. Adheres to and participates in Companys mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
22. Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
23. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Kindred is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Curo Health Services