Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Patch Management Engineer
Morgan & Morgan
Tampa , FL 33602
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Large plaintiff law firm is seeking a Patch Management and backup expert to help manage our production Windows clusters. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of industry best practices for Patch Management; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices. They will also need the ability to work closely with Business and development and a thorough understanding of the balance between businesses and patch requirements.
- Works closely with all Technology departments and teams to improve practices associated with building, deploying, and updating software
- Will be responsible for monitoring and implementing firm-wide patch management systems
- Will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining firm-wide backup solutions
- Will work closely with IT Security team to perform required application and system updates, as well as test recommended security patches.
- Will maintain both operating system & end user application updates.
- Developing checklists, guides, best practices and procedures to support patch management process.
- Reporting and fix failed patches weekly/monthly. Provide status of software pushes
- Monitors servers for performance issues, disk usage, and security threats
- Documents/manages server configurations
- Deploys configuration changes
- Writes scripts to automate functions
- Starts/stops servers when required
- Applies application patches
- Applies data updates
- General knowledge of Windows system administration required.
- Proficiency in scripting of packaged installation of patches, software and configuration changes.
- Excellent understanding of network, system and application security
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Will assist other team members with general server administrative duties
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on administration of Windows Server environments required.
- Must have excellent competency with SCCM, WSUS and other patching tools.
- Experience with VEEAM, Commvault, or other enterprise backup solutions.
- PMP and ITIL certificates a plus
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other Information Security related certification a plus
- Knowledge of various vulnerability scanning solutions, scripting and automation
- Experience with automation tools and Java application development
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to senior management
- Available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO