Soho House & Co.
Miami Beach , FL 33109
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for the daily preparation of pastry items in the pantry and/or other areas of the kitchen. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Commitment to quality service and food knowledge.
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Flexible schedule.
- 1 - 2 years of previous pastry experience
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Previous prep and/or production experience.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the kitchen and storage areas to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
FULL TIME = FULL BENEFITS
(Full Medical, Dental and Vision)
401K @ %2.0
Soho House can progress your career internationally.
Learning & Development
An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
Cookhouse & House Tonic
Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.