Pastry Cook - Dumbo House
Soho House & Co.
Brooklyn , NY 11216
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for the daily preparation of pastry items in the pantry and/or other areas of the kitchen. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Commitment to quality service and food knowledge.
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Previous prep and/or production experience.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the kitchen and storage areas to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care + 401k: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days