Part-Time Kennel Assistant - Memphis Animal Clinic
Southern Veterinary Partners
Memphis , TN 37501
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Memphis Animal Clinic is a full service companion animal hospital located in the heart of midtown Memphis. As an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited hospital, pet owners gain peace of mind when they choose Memphis Animal Clinic, because they know our AAHA-accredited vet hospital has passed the highest standards of veterinary care. We provide quality, individualized vet care for all stages of your pets life - plus boarding services to care for your pets when you travel out of Memphis and spa grooming services to help pamper them! Beyond cats and dogs, we welcome pocket pets, ferrets and other small mammals as patients. Would you like to join a fun loving and diversified team? At Memphis Animal Clinic, you're not just staff you're family!
The Kennel Assistant is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital.
A day in the life of a Kennel Assistant:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend shifts
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- One year previous experience as a kennel technician required
- Experience with Cornerstone software preferred
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!