Part-Time Kennel Assistant - Animal Hospital Of Pitt County
Southern Veterinary Partners
Greenville , NC 27833
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Animal Hospital of Pitt County is located in beautiful central North Carolina! We have the best of both worlds here with lots of hiking nearby but also being not too far from the beach! We focus on maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients, good business practices, and the highest standard of veterinary medicine. We do as much as we can to help our clients with different options and levels of treatments by providing the best patient well-being, affordable options, and quality care. If you are a self motivated, open minded and dedicated to animal care we encourage you to apply today!
The Kennel Assistant is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital.
A day in the life of a Kennel Assistant:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend shifts
- Experience with Cornerstone software preferred
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Previous experience as a kennel technician
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!