ROI Search Group
Indianapolis , IN 46201
Posted 2 months ago
Are you an accountant looking for part-time work that is flexible during the daytime hours with remote capability?
Our client, a small accounting firm client in Indianapolis, seeks part-time accountant to lead the accounting function. You will be responsible for onsite and remote auditing projects (tasks vary), accounting/bookkeeping: processing AP, AR, check runs, client meetings, financial statement prep, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries (ie. accruals), etc.
Reporting to the owner, you will be responsible for managing clients, the accounting operations, financial systems, and working directly with clients. For consideration, please send resume to me.
Must meet the following criteria:
- 5-10 hours per week with potential to increase hours with special projects.
- Must have transportation and ability to travel to client during the day
- Must have bachelor degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Must haveQB Desktop and QBO experience (Intermediate to Advanced).
- 5 + years experience
- Must be able to work unsupervised but comfortable with asking questions as needed.
- Must be willing to commit to a 12-24 month contract, due to training and Client interactions
Read more if you have interest:
This part-time role is with a small accounting firm located in Indianapolis. In order for this position to be effective, this person will need to have an accounting or finance background. They will also need to have strong organization skills, adaptable, familiar with technology, and can easily manage in a part-time role for the company..
They should be exceptional in their day-to-day responsibilities to include:
- Follow standard operating procedures.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to clients, including onsite client meetings.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Also responsible for identifying cost savings opportunities and the implementation of programs to actualize these savings for the organization.
In order to be successful, this candidate must have the following qualifications;
- Track record of success.
- 5 + years experience.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is a must.
- Non-profit experience would be a plus.
- Has a PI0 number to prepare taxes for a fee.
- Knowledge in web-based QuickBooks, web-based e-mail, and drop-box. Proficient technically.
- Strong knowledge of technical improvements and process improvements that can be made.
- Technical skills in MS Office suites.
- Bonus - current Pro Advisor with QuickBooks.
- Marketing experience: social media experience, online newsletter. (This could possibly increase the amount of hours)
Miscellaneous information about the role:
- The role is based in Indianapolis. This person must be located in the Indianapolis area.
- The hours would be flexible, but it would be expected that the individual would be available during the daytime for client meetings.
- Some work would be at home, and other work would be done at the client. Very flexible.
- The candidate would be a contracted consultant and would receive a 1099 at year-end.