Paoli Health and Living is now hiring a part time Transporation Driver.
The Transportation Driver transports residents in a company van or bus to and from appointments and other outside events and destinations as directed or scheduled and in a manner that assures resident safety and comfort.
The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
1.Transports residents in van/bus to outside activities, appointments, and shopping as scheduled.
2.Consults appropriate departments daily to determine/confirm transportation needs and schedules.
3.Keeps van interior neat, and may be responsible for washing van exterior on a regular basis.
4.Loads and unloads residents in a safe manner, according to written procedures.
5.Follows manufacturer's instructions for safe operation of the van's lift/ramp device.
6.Interacts with residents in a warm and respectful manner.
7.Keeps information about residents' affairs confidential at all times.
8.May help orient new residents and their families to transportation services and schedules.
9.Keeps records of gas purchases and vehicle maintenance and turns in receipts to the business office.
10. Keeps any records required to bill residents for transportation services and forwards to the business office.
11. Reports injuries to self or residents immediately and completes a written report of the incident.
12. Develops or helps carry out the vehicle's preventive maintenance schedule, as directed.
13. Notifies the Administrator and/or Maintenance Supervisor if any unsafe vehicle condition is identified.
14. Demonstrates safe driving practices at all times and follows safety precautions.
15. Perform basic safety check before trips.
16. Attends all required inservice training about safe operation of the vehicle.
17. If transporting supplies, follows safety precautions for cargo weight, distribution, and tie-downs.
18. May help train back-up drivers.
19. Runs errands requested by different departments.
20. May assist with some maintenance duties such as setting up/taking down tables and chairs, replacing light bulbs, checking grounds for trash, etc.
The preceding list of essential functions is not all-inclusive and may be supplemented.
Note: If serving in another position, refer to that job description.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Can read, write, and make simple mathematical calculations. Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions for equipment operation and maintenance. Ability to apply common sense to deal with problems involving a variety of factors in normal situations.
Must have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), including but not limited to, no more that two (2) moving traffic violations during the past 36 months, and no D.U.I (drug or alcohol) conviction during the previous five (5) years in a personal or commercial vehicle. Has no positive drug or alcohol test, should circumstances warrant this testing, for example, post-accident.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends according to transportation needs. Has sufficient hearing to hear the conversational voice. Presents a clean and well-groomed appearance at all times.
Cardon & Associates