Part-Time Medical Assistant
USA Vein Clinics
Little Rock , AR 72205
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a Medical Assistant, you would balance the needs of patients and maintain efficient work flow of the office as well as provide support to the physician in all facets of medical procedures before during and after. In addition, you would insure that the patient has an excellent service experience.
- Greet patients and escort them to the examination rooms; assist patients with the completion of forms as necessary.
- Become familiar with clinic computer hardware and software and use according to company policies.
- Answer multiple line and multiple language telephone lines.
- Schedule appointments and accommodate patient appointment needs, such as ordering transportation, rescheduling, etc.
- Contact insurance companies to verify eligibility.
- Perform clerical work as needed, i.e., copying, filing, faxing, etc.
- Comply with patient needs at all time and ensure all questions are answered.
- Maintain procedure rooms by ensuring that they are neat and ready for use at all times.
- Assist doctors during Endovenous Laser Therapy procedures in accordance with instructions and individual doctor preferences.
- Prepare patients before procedures and clean up after.
- Ensure patient receipt of post-procedure instructions and how to obtain medication if needed.
- Monitor supply levels and replace as needed.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Prepare IV solution.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Assist ultrasound staff as needed.
- Transport supplies or equipment as needed.
- Work various hours and overtime as required.
- Ability to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday as scheduled.
- HS diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical Assistant Certification highly preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Very strong computer skills