Our established dog walking service continues to grow in the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Gowanus, Red Hook and Park Slope and we are looking to add a new, enthusiastic, dog-loving member to our team. Pay is $15-30/hour depending on handling skills, experience, and flexibility. There is an introductory/training period of one month in which pay scale falls at the lower end of this range, but many of our walkers have been with us for years and make a good living.
PLEASE READ ALL REQUIREMENTS BELOW before applying. If you do not meet these requirements or do not send in all materials asked for, we will delete your application.
- Ideally, we are looking for candidates with late morning/afternoon (i.e. 11 am - 3 pm) availability most weekdays. We are willing to hire students and work with your schedule if you have most weekday afternoons available.
- Must have experience walking dogs on street and feel comfortable around big and small dogs
- Be physically fit (you'll be walking for many hours) and own or be willing to purchase weather-resistant sneakers and outdoor gear.
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to stay organized/efficient while working individually
- Must have a working SMARTphone. We send our clients daily text and photo updates that you will need to use.
- Must be looking for long-term work. This position requires significant training and we are seeking candidates who can see themselves committing to this work for at least one year.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Discounted daycare and boarding for personal dogs who meet requirements, discounted retail, regular staff dinners. We also provide leashes, poop bags, safety clips, etc.
Animal Loving Care