Parks Worker I
City Of Kennesaw
Kennesaw , GA 30144
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs a variety of landscaping duties; mows grass; plants flowers and shrubs; weed eats around signs and fence lines; edges curb lines; clears leaves, tree limbs and other debris from park areas; spreads and hauls ground cover, dirt, or mulch; sprays weed killer and fertilizer; prunes trees and shrubs; weeds flower beds; spreads grass seed; services irrigation systems; grooms ball fields; removes snow and ice, etc.
- Performs installation, maintenance, and upkeep tasks for various parks facilities, courts, fencing, and other structures: installs and repairs roofs on park buildings and structures; performs light plumbing and electrical repairs and installations; performs general construction; repairs and maintains parks, picnic or other public facilities; repairs sports and playground equipment; paints interiors and exteriors; cleans and restocks park restrooms; empties trash cans, cleans floors, etc.
- Assists with special projects and seasonal work; maintains ball fields; installs and removes decorations, tents and dance floors; sets up chairs and tables; clears parks areas of debris following special events; removes and replaces staging materials from sites as needed.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, parts and supplies; initiates orders materials and equipment needed for each job; performs routine safety inspections on equipment; advises supervisor of needed repairs.
- Communicates with supervisor, City employees, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, work orders, logs, accident reports, inspection reports, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, work orders, application instructions or other documents; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Operates a variety of equipment and machinery to complete tasks including tractors, finish mowers, brush hog, trimmers, blowers, sprayers, spreaders, aerators, split seeders, chain saws, brush chipper, ball field stripers, chalkers, power saws, hand saws, drills, power tools, miscellaneous hand tools, pickup trucks, dump trucks, snow plows, salt spreaders, hand spreaders, bobcat, backhoe, golf cart, utility vehicle, and other equipment as needed to complete essential duties.
Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by some experience in maintenance, landscaping, custodial or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Data Utilization: Requires the ability to determine, calculate, tabulate, or summarize data/information. Includes performing subsequent actions in relation to these computational operations.
- Human Interaction: Requires the ability to exchange information for the purpose of clarifying details within well-established policies, procedures and standards.
- Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate and control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools and/or materials requiring complex and/or rapid adjustments.
- Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference data and information.
- Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. May include counting, recording of counts, and basic measuring.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to carry out detailed but routine written or oral instructions. Involves routine work according to clearly prescribed standard practices, with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving a variety of generally pre-defined duties which are often characterized by frequent change.
- Physical Ability: Tasks require the regular and sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and that generally involves lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, odor, depth, texture, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
- Environmental Factors: Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, unsafe structures, heights, confined spaces, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, bright/dim lights, toxic agents, wildlife, or rude/irate customers.
Individuals applying for the posted position must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The City of Kennesaw is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug test and criminal background check. The City of Kennesaw participates in the Federal E-Verify program; proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be presented within three days on the job. The City of Kennesaw is an Equal Opportunity employer.