Paraprofessional - Free Housing And Sign On Bonus
Huntsville , AL 35896
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
FREE ON CAMPUS HOUSING IN THE BEAUTIFUL NH WHITE MOUNTAINS
PLUS $1500 Sign-On Bonus!!
As a Paraprofessional with Gersh Autism, you will work independently with a school-age student, or as part of a team to assist students, with behavior management within a structured school environment. Our Paraprofessionals work to assist students who are on the Autism Spectrum. To best promote students academic, social, and emotional growth, Paraprofessionals are responsible for providing necessary academic accommodations as outlined in the students IEP and continuously working with students to meet specific academic and behavior related goals. OT is available!
Paraprofessional Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining a consistent and safe environment for students.
- Assisting and accompanying children in all activities throughout the day.
- Supporting teacher/teacher assistant in implementation of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and behavior plans for assigned student(s).
- Assisting educators in devising strategies to reinforce materials and skills to students.
Paraprofessional Job Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Experience working with individuals with Autism a plus!
- Able to pass a background check
Paraprofessional Physical Requirements
- Must be able to keep students safe from themselves and others and in some cases may need to implement CPI procedures.
- Must be able to remove oneself from potentially harmful situations and in some cases be able to lift a child.
Paraprofessional Physical Requirements:
- Independent movement/transfer of student weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Assisted (2 or more person) movement/transfer of student regardless of weight as necessary.
- Assisting when necessary in the escorting/restraining of acting out students from one area to another
- Lifting/carrying of objects/items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Standing/walking/climbing stairs as required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development