Twin Township Ambulance
New Lothrop , MI 48460
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Paramedic / EMT: We are currently seeking both part-time and full-time Paramedics and EMTs for 12 and 24 hour shifts. Flexible scheduling.As a fast-thinking paramedic, you know how to keep calm during emergency situations. Your ability to quickly and accurately assess each patient's medical condition and figure out an appropriate course of treatment is admirable. We would love to have you on our team of talented and detail-oriented medical professionals, where you will have plenty of opportunities to develop and exercise your valuable skills as you benefit the lives of others. As a compassionate paramedic on our team, your dedication will be rewarded with plenty of growth and advancement opportunities. We need someone like you, who not only wants to make a difference but also has the determination and the skills necessary to do so. Job Responsibilities
- Administer life support, first-aid treatment and other forms of prehospital emergency care to people who are injured or sick.
- Operate equipment such as bag valve mask resuscitators, external defibrillators and electrocardiograms for advanced life support applications.
- Assess patients' injury severity and type and quickly begin appropriate medical procedures.
- Drive mobile intensive care unit to predetermined location under the instructions of the emergency medical dispatcher.
- Assess, record and discuss patient injuries and condition with the physician, including any treatments provided and reactions to treatments or drugs.
- Clean and decontaminate ambulance after transporting or treating any patient with infectious disease. Report infectious disease with relevant authorities.
- Administer drugs as appropriate and necessary via injection, intravenous procedures or oral administration under the direction of a physician.
- Communicate and coordinate with dispatchers, fire department personnel, police and other emergency medical team members as needed to ensure that all applicable personnel are prepared to receive the patient and ensure proper treatment.
Job Skills & QualificationsRequired
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid state EMT-P Certification/EMS license
- CPR Certification
- Clean driving record that complies with AMR Safety and Driving policy
- One or more years of paramedic experience