Chelmsford , MA 01824
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The main focus of this position will be to manage the Credit Unions default related litigation portfolio.
- Review summons, complaints, affidavits, judgments, summary judgments, and other legal documents.
- Coordinate with external counsel regarding the filing of lawsuits and other legal documents, settlements, and judgment execution strategies.
- Perform searches to locate assets for judgment execution.
- Oversee the Credit Union's bankruptcy portfolio to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare and file Proofs of Claims, Reaffirmation Agreements, and other bankruptcy court documents.
- Coordinate with external counsel regarding the filing of various bankruptcy court motions.
- Create, review, and update internal policies and procedures in multiple departments to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Prepare and file 1099Cs.
- Correspond with debtors and debtors counsel in a polite and professional manner.
- Oversee credit reporting of charged off loans to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare reports of active cases in litigation and settlement activity. Review and process all invoices from external counsel and vendors in accordance with Credit Union procedures.
- Prepare reports for CFO for Specialty Lending Recovery updates.
- Responsible for handling of vendor management and due diligence initially and annually.
- 2+ years Paralegal experience
- Must possess a detailed understanding of bankruptcy laws and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think outside the box and devise creative resolutions for settling accounts.
- Superior critical thinking skills
- Excellent written language abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Exce
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Life and Vision Insurance - Employer Paid
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match (on contributions up to 6%)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Career Planning
USALLIANCE Federal Credit Union, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, values and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.