New York , NY 10014
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in Great Places to Work in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
- We are looking for a paralegal (with approximately 0-3 years experience) to join our world-class legal team, based in New York City. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in highly sought after legal areas (e.g., commercial contracting, SaaS agreements, and global data privacy/protection), work with cutting-edge legal tools, help develop foundational legal and operational processes, and collaborate with a group of passionate, highly motivated colleagues who are reinventing the e-commerce experience.
- Working closely with Rokts six-person legal team (Head of Legal, four corporate counsel, and one other paralegal) and external counsel to address any and all legal issues touching the company.
- Assisting the legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation, and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures related to commercial contracting with Rokts partners, advertisers, and vendors.
- Helping manage Rokts intake process for, and tracking of, deals, legal queries, documents, and general internal and external stakeholder management.
- Assisting with the development, filing, and distribution of internal resources, FAQs, and training materials on legal topics for the company at large.
- Performing other assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed, such as legal research, due diligence, contract management, monitoring developments in relevant privacy and data protection laws (such as GDPR and CCPA), industry analysis (such as SaaS best practices for regulatory compliance) and handling other administrative tasks.
- Assisting with corporate governance material and other corporate housekeeping matters, including preparation for board and committee meetings when needed.
- Ensuring that an accurate database of all legal documentation across the company is maintained and updated regularly.
- A bachelor's degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously and juggle competing demands and shifting priorities.
- A self-starter with a track record of success in your professional and/or collegiate life.
- A quick learner who enjoys tackling new problems and subject matter on a regular basis.
- A strong desire to work cross-functionally and expand your areas of expertise by working closely with colleagues in sales, customer success, operations, product, security, engineering, finance, and business analytics.
- Force for Good. We actively invest in the growth of our people and strengthening of our communities. Our NY Office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. This includes all Roktstars, clients, contractors, vendors and suppliers who will be onsite at the Rokt New York Office.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, Level Up investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Roktspeed- Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Roktstar Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC Office is dog friendly!
- Become a shareholder. All Roktstars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities- Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.