Louisville , Kentucky 40202
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
GreenFoot Technologies is searching for a Paralegal with Litigation and Employment experience for a direct-hire, on-site opportunity in Louisville, Kentucky. No visa sponsorship is supported.Job Description
Our client is searching for aParalegal - Litigation and Employment .The Paralegal provides paralegal support in the Legal Department for the Litigation and Employment teams.
This is a hybrid position for our Client's HSC North facility in Louisville, KY.
Our Client is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Their diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. They believe that success is achieved through talented people. They want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Manages the litigation hold process, including ensuring compliance with litigation holds, protective orders, and e-discovery requirements as directed by Counsel
- Provides pre-litigation and litigation support to Counsel, develops and maintains files and reports, collecting and organizing documents for production, drafting and coordinating responses to information requests and interviews company witnesses under the direction of Counsel.
- Coordinates legal update conferences with internal and external parties
- Responsible for processing legal settlements
- Monitors state employment law updates
- Provides investigation and response support for administrative charges, petitions, audits, and claims from various governmental agencies, including but not limited to the U.S. Department of Labor, State Departments of Labor, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state civil rights and unemployment board agencies under the direction of Counsel
- Responds to records requests and commercial and employment subpoenas, including subpoenas for employee records in accordance with the applicable state law
- Oversees commercial disputes involving physician receivables from breaches of employment or recruiting agreements
- Assists Counsel with internal investigations, audits, state law research and various special projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance
- 5+ years of paralegal experience
- Bachelors degree
- Employment law and commercial experience
- Must live in Louisville, KY or can commute to Louisville, KY office
- Healthcare experience preferred