Paralegal - Contract Litigation Support Specialist Milcon
The Kenjya-Trusant Group, LLC
San Antonio , Texas 78201
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
*NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED IN 1Q FY19*POSITION:
Contract Litigation Support SpecialistLOCATION:
San Antonio, TexasREQUIRED CLEARANCE:
Public Trust / NACIEDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
Bachelor Degree - Paralegal or similar fieldEXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
10 years of Government procurement, project management, and litigation supportDescription:
Support to the Air Force's facility design and construction execution mission. Administrative support for an enterprise design management/construction management (DM/CM) program workload consisting of approximately $1.5B MILCON and $1.5B SRM annually. Support and enterprise design agent/construction agent (DA/CA) program workload consisting of 50 projects (each valued in the range of $5M-$300M per project) annually of which approximately 25 are construction projects and approximately 25 design projects at any given time. Furthermore, approximately 150 projects from multiple years are active, either in the planning design, construction, or closer-out phase. Overall end state for the program is to complete facility projects within approved program amounts; obligated within the year of appropriation; completed fully meeting Air Force standards and criteria.Requirements:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nations advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!EOE Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules).The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
- Providing technical input to project managers and senior leadership; stakeholder integration and senior-level leader engagement on complex technical issues;
- Experience and understanding of the Air Force design and construction policies, standards, and specifications to include Facility Sustainment, Repair, Modernization (FSRM) and MILCON programs.
- Experience providing paralegal support to design and construction contract disputes, claims, and/or litigation.
- Providing the technical basis of legal and legislative testimony
- Providing technical training, lessons learned, and best practices to technical and project management staff
- Experience applying the Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria and Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications to complex facility construction projects
- Ability to organize and gather project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations without assistance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to work well with diverse personalities including project managers, customers, clients, subcontractors, and staff
- Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)