Green Tree School And Services
Philadelphia , PA 19019
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a non-profit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
This is a full-time, ten-month position assisting the classroom teacher in the implementation of an instructional program and best practices of students with emotional disturbances and or autism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the teacher in implementing the Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Work closely with teachers as a member of the team to continually modify a students program.
- Work with individual students or group of students under the supervisor of the teacher.
- Assist with group experience in classes assigned.
- Maintain current records on the student.
- Reinforce new and existing skills in classes assigned.
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the student.
- Prepare classroom materials when not already available
- Plan and confer with classroom teachers
- Assist in preparation of instructional materials
- Assist in physical care of students including toileting, feeding, and other self help skills.
- Meet all PDE requirements related to a paraprofessional which are subject to change
- Must have completed at least 2 years of post-secondary study, possess an associate degree or higher, or met a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through a state or local assessment
- Current Act 34, Act 114 and Act 151 clearances.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to effectively communicate in a verbal and/or written manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate with coworker, administration, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k options, and accrued time off.
Green Tree School & Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Green Tree School & Services please visit our website: www.greentreeschool.org