Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Albany , NY 12207
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Provides medical care and management to patients living with a serious illness, who are served by the home-based palliative program. Works with a cross-functional clinical and operational team, including the Landmark Health Medical Director, Director of Health Services, Market General Manager, and Corporate Palliative Program Lead in the development and/or implementation of medical management policy, clinical protocols, interdisciplinary care processes, and quality management programs. Dedicated to improving the well-being and quality of life of patients, this position collaborates with the PCP, and as needed, the health plan Medical Director and other health professionals, to develop patients’ goals of care in all phases of palliative care.
As primary point of care for patients enrolled in the palliative program, provides information, direction, and instructions to his or her interdisciplinary team members as needed to achieve patient’s goals and Landmark’s model of care goals, while providing specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness. This may include ensuring that the palliative interdisciplinary team provides patient education of disease, diagnosis, and disease progression, with a focus on relief of symptoms and distress. Services will include providing treatment options aligned with the patient goals and decision in coordination with the PCP and broader medical team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – Some knowledge of Windows 2000 and MS Office applications.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow.
Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Education and/or Experience:*
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner accredited program
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, desired
- At least one (1) year of experience in Hospice or Palliative Care
- Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems is helpful*
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:*
- Current state RN license
- Current NP license
- Current state driver’s license*