ONLY USC AND GC HOLDERS WILL BECONSIDERED. Requirements:
Current unrestricted medical license(s) as a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Board Certification in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology,OR The American Board of Psychiatry and The American Board of Neurology,or the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
3-5 years of clinical practice experience past fellowship training is desirable.
Preferred experience with utilization management, especially with CMS guidelines.
VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 10:46:18 PM2019-01-30T22:46&nbsp;
<li>Determine medical necessity of requests using applicable clinical criteria, which may include company Appropriateness Guidelines, client-specific health plan medical policy, well established evidenced based guidelines and CMS Coverage Determinations, as applicable.</li>
<li>Perform physician-level case review of interventional pain management utilization requests involving the spine such as epidural injections (interlaminar/caudal and transforaminal), epidural adhesiolysis, facet joint injection, radioablation, regional sympathetic nerve block, sacroiliac joint injections, spinal cord stimulators and thermal intradiscal procedures following initial clinical review by a physical therapy reviewer or a nurse reviewer.</li>
<li>Perform physician-level case review of interventional pain management utilization requests involving musculoskeletal high-tech diagnostic imaging following initial clinical review by a physical therapy reviewer or a nurse reviewer.</li>
<li>Conduct peer-to-peer consultations with ordering physicians, physician assistants and advanced practice nurses regarding established guidelines and accepted standards of care as it relates to interventional pain management treatments, imaging and appropriate sites of service.
<li>Discuss clinically appropriate alternative treatments, imaging studies and sites of care with ordering providers when consistent with applicable clinical criteria.</li>
<li>Provide education regarding applicable clinical criteria.</li>
<li>Perform first level provider appeals of coverage decisions.</li>
<li>Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of applicable clinical criteria and relevant policies pertaining to utilization review.</li>
<li>Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of applicable ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT coding guidelines as it relates to interventional pain management services and procedures.</li>
<li>Provide support and educate internal clinical and non-clinical staff to foster understanding of the principles associated with appropriate musculoskeletal diagnoses, treatments and management.</li>
<li>Actively participate in physician team meetings.</li>
<li>Actively participate in groups that develop, revise and enhance clinical appropriateness guidelines.</li>
<li>Obtain additional state licensure based upon state regulations and health plan needs..</li>
<strong>MUST HAVE</strong><br />
<strong>Current unrestricted medical license(s) as a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine</strong>&nbsp;<br />
<strong>Board Certification in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology,&nbsp;&nbsp;</strong><strong>OR The American Board of Psychiatry and The American Board of Neurology,&nbsp;</strong><strong>or the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation</strong>&nbsp;<br />
3-5 years of clinical practice experience past fellowship training is desirable.<br />
<strong>Demonstrated knowledge of current practice standards in specialty</strong>&nbsp;<br />
<strong>Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills</strong>&nbsp;<br />
<strong>Computer literacy with the ability to learn new applications</strong>&nbsp;<br />
<strong>Ability to multi-task</strong>&nbsp;<br />
<strong>Ability to work both independently and in a team environment</strong>&nbsp;<br />
<strong>Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment</strong>&nbsp;<br />
Preferred experience with utilization management, especially with CMS guidelines.</p>
Bellon Healthcare GroupGlendaleCA
VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00Description:
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance w/ established standards of care, policies, & procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent w/ the Medical Center Vision, Mission, & Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality & effectiveness in work habits & clinical practice; & treats co-workers, patients, families, & all members of the health care team w/ dignity & respect.
* The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, & behaviors:
* Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, & applicable state, federal & local laws.
* Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, & demonstrates appropriate accountability.
* Understands own & team members scope of practice & escalates issues as appropriate.
* Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
* Champions new ideas.
* Leads & directs others through the change process.
* Utilizes communication strategies including chain of comm& & issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
* Participates in problem identification & resolution.
* Mentors, orients, & coaches others in unit specific operations & patient care activities.
* Shares responsibility & authority w/ subordinates & holds him/her accountable for performance.
* Demonstrates ability to problem solve w/ other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
* Prioritizes, delegates, & supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
* Complies w/ regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, & standards of practice.
* Nursing Process:
* Develops &/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, & evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
* Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, & education.
* Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, & appropriate acuity.
* Ensures plan is discussed w/ patient, family/significant others, & completed in a timely manner.
* Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
* Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition & evaluation of progress.
* Ensures care meets standards of practice.
* Ensures effective development & completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers & patient/family education.
* Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions.
* In outpatient, identify barriers & needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical mgmt plan.
* Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications & procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention & prevention of nosocomial infections.
* Ensures optimal pain control & patient comfort; identifies & discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
* Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, & administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
* Charting is accurate, legible, dated, & timed.
* Documentation reflects nursing process & interventions & evaluations taken.
* Utilizes computer systems effectively & efficiently for optimal patient care.
* Clinical Outcomes:
* Discusses patient findings & progress toward outcomes w/ physicians & other members of the health care team.
* Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period & ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
* Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of data, assessments, & evaluations of patient outcomes.
* Participates in departmental performance improvement activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, & improving.
* Workplace Safety:
* Adherence to LMP Workplace Safety principles & practices.
* Applies standard precautions.
* Maintains a safe environment for self & others.
* Patient Care Experience:
* Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service Area, Medical Center, & specified department.
* Promptly answers call lights, alarms, & patient requests.
* Makes appropriate referrals & facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
* Maintains & protects patient confidentiality.
* Ensures clean, orderly, & functional work environment.
* Treats all families of patients w/ courtesy, respect, kindness & compassion.
* Provides an optimal patient care exp by actively listening to the needs of patients & family members & taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
* Gives patients information in a way they can underst& & ensures comprehension.
* Provides a patient care exp that exceeds members' expectations.
* Team Commitment:
* Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, & willing to assist others.
* Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively & seeks appropriate assistance.
* Takes accountability for own actions & accepts constructive criticism.
* Acts as a resource, preceptor, & mentor to new employees, registry, students, & other team members.
* Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services & staff meetings as required, actively participates in other departmental professional development (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
* Participates w/ the assessment of current & future unit learning needs & development of an annual education plan.
* Keeps self- informed of activities on the unit & makes recommendations for change.
* Adheres to Attendance Program.
* Reports to assigned area promptly, being present & available for report at beginning of assigned shift.
* Supports a collaborative Labor-Mgmt Partnership environment through unit based teams.
* Fiscal Responsibility:
* Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
* Identifies & assists in systems improvement that needs simplification or correction.
* Utilizes payroll & non-payroll resources to their maximum potential.
* Current CA RN license.
* BLS certification.
* One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in ED, Critical Care, PACU and/or another procedural sedation area.
* Knowledge of procedural sedation agents and reversal agents required.
* Basic Arrhythmia course required.
* Current ACLS card required.
* PALS card may be required based on patient population.
* Successful completion of didactic and clinical training program will be required.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Primary Location: California,Glendale,Glendale Orange Street Medical Offices 501 N. Oran Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Per Diem Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: UNAC - All Other Areas Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Nursing Licensed Department: Pain Management Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Click here for additional requirements >
VIEW JOBS11/4/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-02T00:00Come Join the Seasons Team
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Associate Medical Director - Visit Physician to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The physician is qualified to provide inpatient medical care to hospice patients who require hospitalization for symptom management or respite care. The physician is committed to making hospice services available to all those who would benefit and participates in on-going educational programs to increase their expertise in caring for hospice patients. In addition, the hospice physician will work effectively and communicate well with the members of the hospice team and fulfill all other requirements of the position.
Is licensed to provide medical care and is a medical staff member in good standing with admitting privileges at least one hospital.
Complete the Seasons Hospice orientation for hospice physicians within six months of their effective employment date.
Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice's philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
Seasons Hospice & Palliative CareGlendaleCA