Packaging Operator - Wolcott, NY
Kreher Family Farms
Wolcott , NY 14590
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Packaging Operator is responsible for performing independent and team-oriented duties related to operating the bagging line, and ensuring standard safety and sanitation operating procedures and other guidelines are met to guarantee fertilizer is packaged and stacked to specification.
It is the responsibility of the Packaging Operator to become familiar with Krehers pre-established Compost and Fertilizer production packaging procedures and guidelines to assist with:
- Selecting appropriate location and packaging fertilizer on schedule.
- Following and applying sanitation standard operating procedures and other guidelines to ensure fertilizer is safe.
- Continually developing knowledge of maintaining bag line equipment (bagging scale, form fill and seal machine, stacking robot, pallet wrapper and associated conveyors) understanding hazardous areas (confined spaces), and practicing all set safety procedures.
- Meeting Krehers standards for trucking materials from various locations.
- Visually inspecting ingredients for foreign materials, color, and anything out of the ordinary, and informs Manager of problems.
- Monitoring and unloading raw ingredients for use in fertilizer mixtures, and conducts moisture and weight tests.
- Checking inventory on bagging inputs and informing Manager of low levels.
- Monitoring the bagging equipment and notifying Manager of any needed services or repairs, and performing minor maintenance tasks.
- Interacting with truckers when loading/unloading products/ingredients, and communicating Egg Farm hours and quality standards to vendors (Managers approval).
- Maintaining two-way communication with Pellet Mill leadership and team members.
- Acting as a team player (supports and encourages co-workers).
- Treating co-workers with respect.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Skilled in the operation of a forklift and payloader.
- Competent working with appropriate computer applications (email, Excel, machine control, camera).
- Ability to complete maintenance tasks such as lubrication, drive adjustments, belt tracking, machine mechanical adjustments, etc.
- Knowledge of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and simple electrical troubleshooting.
- Ability to work flexible shifts (day/night).