Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team
The role of the Packaging Engineer II is a critical one for the Nice Pak organization as we look to continue enhancing our innovation pipeline for our private label and branded wet wipes portfolio. The primary role of this position is to deliver innovative packaging solutions based on customer/consumer insights and market requirements. This position will also support existing businesses through packaging revisions, cost improvement projects and packaging harmonization projects. The Packaging Engineer II must bring the necessary technical skills and passion for winning; hold an excellent project management, rigor to deliver packaging innovation projects and related work stream activities in a dynamic environment and on time in full. This position is an ideal opportunity for any individual looking to leverage his or her packaging expertise, with opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic, faced-paced and challenging work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
BS and preferably MS in Engineering
• REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of packaging materials
• Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and MS Office Suite including MS Project
• Experience with prototyping techniques such as 3-D printing; plant/equipment experience
• EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 3+ years relevant experience in packaging development / innovation
• A passion for packaging with experience in packaging and product development; experience in FMCG / CPG is preferred
• Understanding of the product development process, including management of key partners; design and engineering consultancies, toolmakers, and material converters
• Knowledge of Packaging Engineering processes such as product life cycle, change, and an in-depth knowledge of cGMP packaging design and change management requirements
• Demonstrable skill in executing packaging / product innovation development, and delivery of impactful business and consumer optimized structural and functional packaging / product innovations
• Excellent communication and presentation, ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers
• Strong understanding of the role of the consumer and business/brands and the ability to balance these needs alongside the rational requirements of the commercial business and technical constraints of manufacturing processes
• Proven results with building strong customer relationships, anticipating customer needs, and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
NONE: The position will work in a laboratory and office environment with some travel to the corporate office, manufacturing facilities, vendors, etc.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
Full benefits starting on day 1, including 3 weeks vacation.
Nicepak Products Inc./ PDI