Overnight Emergency Veterinary Receptionist - Horn Lake Animal Hospital
Southern Veterinary Partners
Horn Lake , MS 38637
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Horn Lake Animal Hospital is searching for a Full-Time ER Veterinary Receptionist to join our small animal practice in DeSoto County, Mississippi. Our aggressive and modern practice is an exclusively small animal care that also serves as an after-hours emergency hospital. Our practice offers advanced computer system, in-house pharmacy, in-house laboratory systems, digital radiography, ultrasound machine, endoscopy, and orthopedic equipment.
DeSoto County is located in Northwest Mississippi and is just south of Memphis, Tennessee and is one of the fastest growing counties in the southeast.
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarians instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures, preferred.
- Schedule to include: 3 nights per week and alternating weekends.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging variety of tasks and working within a great team of people to help animals!