Outside Sales Representative
Boston , MA 02215
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Role Elevator Pitch
Are you looking to jumpstart your career with one of the fastest-growing college and career readiness companies? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people who push you to be better? If you have a desire for sales and are inherently all of these things, read on you might be a fit with MasteryPrep.
MasteryPreps first-rate sales team is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with being the fastest-growing college and career readiness company in the education marketplace. A big part of that strategy is growing our team in other regions throughout the United States
Did you know that nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without college-ready ACT or SAT score?
We are looking for seasoned outside sales professionals who want to jumpstart their career helping students fulfill their dreams of a college education. Your wins help our clients change the educational landscape of public education and the trajectory of their lives.
3 characteristics of success in an Outside Sales Representative for MasteryPrep:
- Do you have the PERSERVERANCE and GRIT over the long term to make appointments with schools and school districts to discuss college readiness options?
- Path for achievement in this role should be looked at as a marathon, with stamina being a key component for success
- Passion for sales is more important than being brilliant
- Do you have a fire in your belly for sales and convincing someone that they want to meet with MasteryPrep to solve a problem?
- As a successful member of the sales team, you will need to balance the opportunity to compete, the reward for winning, and the learning that comes from competing
- MasteryPrep is looking for compassionate competitors reps who like to win, but not at the expense of their teammates
- You will not be a good fit for this position if you view your acquired knowledge as your private intellectual property or someone elses success as your failure
- Top 10% of producers from former sales organizations
- Is Questioning in your DNA?
- MasteryPrep needs someone who is intellectually curious, a lifelong learner, and who strives to figure out what works and try new things
- To be successful in this role, you must be part instigator and part detective
- If you are content with the way things are, you will not be successful in this role
- Part of your role as an Outside Sales Representative is not just getting someone to say yes to a meeting, but arousing curiosity and generating interest to get a higher percentage of opportunities to a MasteryPrep partnership
Skills necessary to perform Outside Sales Representative duties:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred (Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Speech Communication)
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM tool
- Tracking lead software, sales engagement platform is a plus (Outreach)
- Excellent verbal, written, and LISTENING communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork and to MasteryPrep's mission
- Previous sales experience in education doesnt hurt but is not a requirement.
Base of $55k-$75k depending on experience, variable commission as part of package with total target compensation of $120k-$150k.
Benefits package for full-time employees - including health, disability, life, dental, vision and 401K