Outpatient Registered Nurse
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Westborough , MA
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who are we:
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital (WBHH) provides psychiatric stabilization and dual diagnosis treatments for Children, Adolescents and Adult populations in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our goal is to ensure patients and their loved ones feel comfortable and are well informed regarding treatment options.
Our state-of-the-art facility is conveniently located in Westborough near the intersection of Route 495 and Route 9. The hospital operates 24/7 with multiple shifts available.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are in Intensive Outpatient or in a Partial Hospitalization Program for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorder, support the hospital and program philosophy of care, and ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Provide direct care to patients, which includes facilitating social and emotional needs, supervising medication schedules and evaluating patient progress.
- Collaborate with a variety of interdisciplinary professionals to determine and provide the best possible care for their patients.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment on the unit.
- Provide social support for patients by creating and encouraging patients to take advantage of opportunities such as support groups, social activities and other therapeutic measures.
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
- Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options.
- Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients.
- Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
- Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
Education and/or Licensure ADN/BSN or equivalent. Must possess current RN license.
Experience Prior psychiatric healthcare experience preferred.