Fairbanks , AK 99706
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Mountain View Eye Center is a premiere ophthalmic medical and surgical practice in the Northwest. As an Optometric Physician, we invite you to apply for a position as an important member of our Fairbanks physician team. You will partner with our Ophthalmologist on coordinated diagnosis, treatment and management of medical, emergency, and peri-surgical patients for our Sequim Clinic located in Fairbanks, AK. Your responsibilities will include medical patient care, organizing and providing continuing education courses, shared on-call service, and opportunities to work closely and collaborate with our medical staff and the medical and optometric physician communities. We encourage our doctors to provide care at the highest level of licensure in our caring and professional environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Our complex and diverse patient population requires a compassionate, flexible, team-orientated, and self-motivated individual with demonstrated clinical judgment and a willingness to continually learn.
- Licensed with the Washington State Board of Optometry
- Diagnostic and therapeutic license certification
- Comprehensive post-graduation experience desirable in a medical setting with commensurate diagnostic and therapeutic skills. Knowledge should include but not be limited to surgical post-operative management, anterior and posterior ocular segment disease, glaucoma, ocular trauma, and neurologic diseases.
- Possess leadership qualities and ability
- Willing to serve as a liaison between NWES and the optometry community
- Demonstrate interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate interest in organizing and providing continuing education (lecturing) to local and state optometry groups as a representative of NWES
- Support esprit de corps as a team member of professional staff
- Interest in practicing optometry at a high standard by staying abreast of new technologies and practice patterns
- Successful completion of an ACOE accredited residency program or one to two years of post graduation experience.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off