Operations Support Engineer
San Diego , CA 92122
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Operations Support Engineer implements and collaborates in the creation of solutions to automate software delivery and infrastructure for GovX public facing websites operated by the company. The Operations Support Engineer provides development services that support to the development team including build processes and deployment. The position will work with development and IT teams to provide configuration management, and infrastructure operations. The position plays a critical role in the project team that ensures a high-quality product and premium service levels are delivered to GovX, our partners and members.
- Manage and administer source code systems including branching and merging.
- Manage CI/CD systems, manage build and deployment times, prepare release packages.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and improve hardware and software systems of development environment.
- Manage and monitor application, security, health alerting, maintain alert resolution runbook.
- Perform audits on system configuration and logging.
- Document policies and processes.
- Develop and execute database scripts.
- Coordinate with IT for advanced systems administration
- Linux and Microsoft Windows administration skills/certifications
- Microsoft Azure support experience
- T-SQL script development and experience supporting SQL Server.
- Ability to perform advanced scripting using Bash and PowerShell
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as under management supervision
- Ability to develop complex SQL scripts for querying and modifying data.
- Automation/configuration management & build/deployment skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written communication, email etiquette, etc.)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role occasionally must lift and carry the office equipment.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS Physical - This is largely a sedentary role.
Problem solving, making decisions, interpret data, organize, read/write. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No travel is expected for this position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies.Familiarity with Git or Mercurial.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience with Agile/Scrum delivery teams.
- Experience with Visual Studio and VS Build Process and C#
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment pipelines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.