Operations Section Chief
Portland , OR 97201
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CDR Maguire Inc., a national multi-disciplinary emergency management and engineering firm is seeking Operations Section Chief (OSC) qualified according to the National Qualification System (NQS) for deployment on the west coast.
- Manages all aspects of the Operations Section
- Provides the tactical assignments documented in the Incident Action Plan (IAP) and directs its execution
- Makes expedient changes to current operations based on the complexity or magnitude of the incident and reports those changes to the Incident Commander (IC)
- Manages all operations and progress related to the incident
- Ensures the safety and welfare of Operations Section personnel
- Coordinates operations at the local level
- Establishes or transitions into the Operations Section
- Supervises and configures section with branches, divisions, groups, and units to support operations
- Ability to commit to a 4-week assignment on the west coast
- Physically able to work under disaster conditions
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in a team environment with various stakeholders
- Must submit to and pass a drug test.
- Must submit to and pass a background check.
- Provide Form I-9 supporting documentation that proves your identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Functioned in this position during an operational incident, planned event, exercise, drill, or simulation within the past five years
9.Completion of the following:
- Successful completion of the National Qualification System (NQS) Position Task Book (PTB) for the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Type 3 Operations Section Chief, or equivalent Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) documentation
- IS-100: Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100
- IS-200: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response, ICS-200
- ICS-300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents
- ICS-400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff Complex Incidents
- IS-700: National Incident Management System, An Introduction
- IS-706: National Incident Management System Intrastate Mutual Aid An Introduction
- IS-800: National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS-2900: National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF) Overview
- E/L 0958: NIMS ICS All-Hazards Operations Section Chief Course
- E/G/L 0191: Emergency Operations Center/Incident Command System Interface
- United States Fire Administration (USFA) 0305: Type III All-Hazards Incident Management Team Course, or equivalent
10. Preference for completion of one of the following training:
- Successful completion of the National Qualification System (NQS) Position Task Book (PTB) for the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Type 1 or Type 2 Operations Section Chief, or equivalent Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) documentation
- Satisfactory performance as a NIMS Type 2 or 3 OSC
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) S-420 Command and General Staff training or an equivalent team training.
- NWCG S-520 Advanced Incident Management training or an equivalent team training.
CDR Maguire is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and EO/AAN/D. Must be able to work in the United States to apply.