Operations Policy Planner & Communications Analyst
Arlington , VA 22201
Posted 2 days ago
phia, LLC is seeking an Operations and Communications Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support operations at Department of Homeland Securitys Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
In this role you will participate as a member of a small team conducting cyber-related research, analysis and coordination activities to support customer goals and objectives as part of a larger US Government cybersecurity strategy and policy efforts at multiple classification levels. This position is located in Arlington, Virginia with frequent/full remote options during the pandemic.
- Facilitate operational planning that aligns with policy and assist and coordinate the execution of internal processes and procedures in coordination with branches to support incident driven activities.
- Develop cyber strategy and policy documents to support US Government operational execution of cybersecurity programs, to include interaction with foreign government, private sector and public interface.
- Develop briefings and talking points for senior government leadership participation in internal and external events, often on short notice.
- Lead cyber strategy, policy development and policy implementation projects that include development of work breakdown structures, timelines, staff selection and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for projects.
- Contribute to government, critical infrastructure/key resources and public-private cyber policy development and coordination, to include development of CONOPS, operational requirements, capabilities and competencies.
- Manage, coordinate, provide support and advise leadership on cyber operational issues. This will include performing pre-event action planning/coordination/preparation, support during cyber events, and post-event activities and follow-up.
- Responsible for the implementation of solution and operations design to ensure that the organizations operational and strategic objectives are met on relevant projects.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of challenges and develops solutions thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Maintains awareness of and reports significant cyber-related policy issues affecting CISA; in addition to supporting communication/engagements with internal/external CISA stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree with 9-15 years of relevant experience.
- Leadership & people management experience.
- Strong written & oral communications skills.
- Creative problem solving.
- Familiarity with Program and Project Management.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Graduate Degree with 10+ years of experience or Bachelors Degree with 15+ years of experience.
- Cyber related certifications (CISSP, CompTIA Security +, A+).
- Familiarity with the DHS or CISA environment.
- DHS suitability or EOD.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core/daytime hours
TRAVEL: Less than 10%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Frequent/full remote options during the pandemic.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Top Secret/SSBI; eligible for SCI and DHS EOD.
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phias founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll