Vermont Farm Table
Bristol , VT 05443
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Vermont Farm Table is a rapidly growing custom solid wood table manufacturer. We take pride in what we do, sourcing our materials responsibly, and then turning them into something that will last for generations. We are looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager to join our team.
The Operations Manager oversees the companys production of goods and services, including manufacturing and logistics. They lead our woodshop and delivery teams, manage production schedules, interface with vendors, and ensure that we meet or exceed clients expectations.
The position requires the skills needed to proficiently work with and direct employees and suppliers/vendors. Works directly with Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and Accounting business functions. They must make sure that our company conducts business in a safe manner and complies with safety, labor, environmental, and other rules and regulations.
Requirements include leadership, managerial, interpersonal, and data management skills. They must have excellent oral and written communication skills. They must conduct employee performance reviews in a timely manner. They will be required to mentor and coach staff within our company. They may be required to travel.
Most importantly, the Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that our companys operations run smoothly and effectively, with adherence to established production schedules, timelines, quality standards, and budgets.
- Years of Experience- 7+ Years
- Wood manufacturing experience preferred
- Education Level- High School or equivalent
- Career Level- Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing 5-15 team members.
- Managing production schedules, data, purchasing, shipping & receiving, and inventory control.
- Assigning weekly and daily work lists to team.
- Hiring, training, and coaching of current and new facility personnel.
- Performance evaluation and increases for facility personnel.
- Developing productivity goals for operations, and meeting those goals.
- Interface with Sales team to provide order status updates.
- Ensuring that the product received by clients meets or exceeds expectations.
- Assessing and planning for production cost and inventory requirements.
- Selecting, negotiating, and purchasing raw materials.
- Purchasing and maintaining operations equipment and supplies.
- Overseeing efficient production processes and managing production bottlenecks.
- Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all associates within the facility.
- Accountable for maintaining the appearance of the shop and inventory storage areas.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree and LEAN or equivalent certification/training is highly preferred.
- Ability to manage full time labor work groups of 5-15 associates.
- Minimum of 7+ years of manufacturing and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills, including: web based apps, email management, spreadsheets, Mac OSX.
- Solid demonstrated safety performance measures.
- Competence in reading and understanding drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to manage and schedule production labor to meet demand in a cost effective, efficient manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, managerial, organizational, and communications skills.
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA Employer Match
- Employee Health Insurance Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Benefits as Requested