Spark Thermionics, Inc.
Emeryville , CA 94608
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Spark Thermionics is an early-stage energy startup building a power plant on a chip, a generator that can efficiently convert any fuel to electricity at 1/10th the size and weight of the state-of-the-art.
Spark is now working to scale from prototype production to initial manufacturing lines with the support of the California Energy Commission.
To successfully execute on this scaling, we are hiring a full-time Operations Manager. Join Spark for a highly stimulating work environment and become part of a world-leading, high-performance small team. Help accelerate Sparks rapid progress developing novel energy-generation technology.
Spark is located in Emeryville, CA and was a founding member of the Department of Energys prestigious Cyclotron Road program, an incubator for climate-tech and hard-technology startups. We are supported by the DOE, DARPA, the California Energy Commission, and US Air Force, and our investors include First Round Capital and Prelude Ventures. Sparks work has been featured by the Global Climate and Energy Project, Physics Today, Fortune, and elsewhere.
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com
Job activities would include:
- Managing vendor relationships, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, and other records
- Developing and managing tracking systems for essential components as we scale production
- Responsibly administering state and federal grants and contracts totaling in the millions of dollars
- Organizing company events like team celebrations and offsite retreats
- Adding to an inclusive and exciting company culture
An outstanding Operations Manager candidate would have:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication verbally, in presentations, and in email
- Experience defining and executing on complex projects
- Eagerness to work on varied and fast-paced projects as part of a small team
In addition, we are particularly interested in candidates that have some of the following:
- Experience in operations roles, ideally at a startup or small business
- Strong background in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with grant and contract administration
- Have some degree of technical experience, such as work experience in a manufacturing or laboratory setting, and/or a degree or coursework in a STEM field
- Have some programming experience in at least one of: Matlab/Octave, Python/SciPy, R
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A premium benefits package, including: Employer-coverage Blue Shield PPO health plan, life insurance, and vision and dental coverage
- Vibrant and convenient location in Emeryville, just off the Bay Bridge and highly accessible via public transit on Amtrak or BART, with numerous shops and restaurants within walking distance.