Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks.
Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data
VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are currently seeking a seasoned major accounts sales professional to manage and drive sales engagements into a set of large (primarily green-field) enterprise accounts. In this position, you will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. You will be expected to meet/exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. Partnering with an SE, you will displace competing technologies and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts.
* Acquire and manage major accounts within your region
* Employ world-class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
* Conduct highly effective presentations to C level executives
* Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Palo Alto Networks opportunity within major customer environments
* Perform high level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
* Build relationships with and sell through channel partners
* BS technical degree or equivalent
* 10+ years of above quota sales experience
* Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
* Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
* Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
* Strong communication (written and verbal)
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks Inc.Santa ClaraCA
VIEW JOBS11/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-03T00:00Counter Manager - Estee Lauder - Santa Clara, CA
Brand: Estée Lauder - Brand
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Store/Retail/Counter Manager to lead, coach and develop our team of Sales Associates to achieve all sales, customer service and operational targets. Candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and business management skills gained in a fast paced retail environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity for you to be Chief Executive Officer of your own store. You will have total accountability for creating and executing an agile business plan to recruit and retain customers through strategic targeting, impactful in-store events, exceptional customer relationship management and the leadership of a high performing team.
If you are an ambitious self-starter with a flair for business planning and a passion for coaching others to reach their full potential this could be the perfect role for you and the first step towards a long term fulfilling career with a leader in prestige beauty.
Many of our field executives and senior managers began their careers at point of sale and this first level management role with exposure to business planning, consumer insights, event management, customer relationship management and front line marketing will provide you with the all-round skills needed to progress further within the Beauty Industry.
With a culture that values diversity of thought and people, we offer progressive career opportunities, outstanding training and development and a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Please note in some of these roles you may be hired by the Department Store and not the Estee Lauder Companies. The Department Store will make all final hiring decisions.
* Proven retail management/assistant retail management experience preferably within cosmetics
* The ability to provide inspirational, authentic and personalized customer service
* Previous business planning experience including setting sales and customer service targets, sales analysis and staff scheduling
* Previous retail operations experience including inventory and facilities management and cash reconciliation
* Proven track record of leading a team to achieve sales and customer service targets
* Experience of creating and executing in-store events
* Ability to work retail hours including days, nights, weekends and special events in a fast-paced work environment
* Previous experience with retail point-of-sale software
* Proficient in Microsoft office applicants must be able to provide proof of right to live and work in the country if invited to attend for interview
Job: Retail - Store
Primary Location: Americas-US-CAA-Santa Clara
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1811707
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Estee LauderSanta ClaraCA
VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00Job Description
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country, serving customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Our group includes Business Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience; Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, and serves mass market, affluent, and small business customers. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams.
As a teller at Wells Fargo, you will provide exceptional customer service and spend almost all of your time working with our most important asset, our customers. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: providing excellent customer service; processing account transactions effectively; maintaining a cash drawer; listening carefully to customers and escalating issues as needed; and following proper procedures to minimize risk, errors, and to reduce fraud. You will also actively engage customers in conversations and listen to get to know them. When appropriate you'll suggest ways that Wells Fargo can help, or introduce them to other branch team members to help meet their financial needs. You are expected to balance your cash drawer, build rapport and be a team player. You'll take pride in performing well and genuinely enjoy helping others, while maintaining ethics, integrity, and embracing diversity.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined WF. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
This position requires full time training for three weeks.
* 1+ year of customer service experience or military experience
* Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
* Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere
* Experience working with others on a team to meet customer needs
* Cash handling experience
* Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
* Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
* Well-organized, independent and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment
* Ability to exercise judgment, raise questions to management, and adhere to policy guidelines
* Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
* Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
* Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
* Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
Other Desired Qualifications
* Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells FargoSanta ClaraCA