Operations Manager - Ownership Opportunity
Macungie , PA 18062
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
started in 1995 to meet the specialty equipment, tool and machinery needs of fruit, vegetable and nursery growers. Located in Macungie, PA, 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia, we pride ourselves on being a partner to our customers to provide them with the latest technological advances in equipment. We specialize in sourcing and distributing cutting-edge equipment from around the world.
BDi Machinery provides technical expertise and exceptional service to our customers in the fruit, vegetable and nursery industries. We make farming better, one machine at a time. We are a small team based in a single location that is conveniently located near major shipping terminals. We source and distribute cutting-edge equipment such as sprayers, interplant cultivators, trimmers, shredders, tree diggers, hedgers and seeders.
We are hiring anOperations Manager
to join our operation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow in a business and take their career to the next level. We are willing to train you to take over daily operations with the opportunity that will lead to the ownership and succession of the company. You will be trained directly by the founder of the business on a variety of rolesfrom working directly with farmers, to managing staff, to traveling internationally, to developing marketing plans.
This role is for you if
- You are mechanically inclined.
- You love cutting-edge equipment.
- You love to work with farmers.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have high business acumen and willingness to learn about a unique, high margin business.
The focus of the role:
- Provide technical expertise to customers during the sales process, service and application of equipment
- Build relationships with customers and work to build a network
- Develop a business plan to further develop the brand and increase market presence
- Present at trade shows nationally to network with new customers
- Oversee activities of sub-assembly, parts and warehouse personnel
- Continually work to understand market trends and customer needs
- Travel to Europe to review new equipment at trade shows and manufacturing sites
Quality candidates will
- Be mechanically inclined and passionate about equipment
- Have 3-5 years of experience in horticulture, viticulture, agriculture, farming and/or agricultural equipment (preferred)
- Have a BS degree in horticulture, agriculture, engineering or related field (preferred)
- Have the ability to travel 25% of the time to review new equipment and help customers identify the equipment that meets their needs