Employbridge Search Group
Shelbyville , KY 40065
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time/permanent opening for a Operations Manager. This position is located in Shelbyville, KY. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please see a detailed job description below. We hope to hear from you today.Job Summary
This position is responsible for all of the manufacturing related functions within the facility to include achievement of plant goals related to safety, quality, scrap, and efficiencies. This includes assignment of personnel and production decision making to support safety, quality, delivery, and cost initiatives. This position will analyze production reporting and ensure resources are in place to meet requirements.Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for plant goals related to safety, quality, scrap, and efficiencies.
- Provide direction to and support plant supervision in efforts related to safety, quality, and cost. Document activities and organize efforts for problem solving.
- Monitor production schedules and production reporting to ensure most efficientuse of resources. Coordinate and direct plant teams when necessary.
- Ensure manufacturing team is following appropriate rules and regulations -including safety/environmental standards, quality standards, process instructions, and TS-16949 guidelines.
- Promote and monitor 5S/2S principles throughout facility.
- Effectively communicate manufacturing status to support teams.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reports for management level reviewregarding plant scrap and line efficiencies.
- Approve all plant overtime scenarios to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Lead improvement initiatives for manufacturing related concerns to assistachieve plant goals for safety, quality, and cost.
- Consistent and direct communication with manufacturing associates to maintain platform for open communication.
- Participate in problem solving efforts for plant issues. Be able to coach others in problem solving principles.
- Ensure training of manufacturing associates is complete and effective.
- Perform budgetary planning for associates, support, and capital items related to manufacturing. Provide justifications for budgetary decisions including capital.
- Work with HR to evaluate associate manning needs and short-term manning plans.
- Carries out supervisory/management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and acceptable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
Education & Experience Required
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw validconclusions.
- The ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels. Must have the ability to interact with both Japanese and Americans.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather andanalyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; and work well in group problem solving.
- Develop project plans; coordinate projects; communicate changes andprogress; complete projects on time and budget; manage project teamactivities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel.
- Demonstrate group and individual presentation skills; actively participate in meetings, including high level customer, supplier, and business leader meetings.
- The ability to write legibly and logically to communicate with both internal and external customers. This includes high level customer, supplier, and business leader communications.
- BS or BA degree (Mgmt focus is preferred)
- 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years manufacturing related management
- Production Supervisors
- Production Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Plant and Office Environments
- Candidate must be able to handle confidential data. Some travel required.