Position Title Operations Manager- Chemical Manufacturing – LA #5823
Location New Orleans Louisiana
Company is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual for the position of Operations Manager.
• Responsible for leading and directing the activities of 4 distinct production units, plant utilities and wastewater treatment operations to ensure an environmentally sound, safe, healthy and profitable work environment.
• Oversee the leadership, direction, training and mentoring of a total of approximately 60 employees including Shift Supervisors, Productions Engineers, and Operators.
• Ensure that operations organization design and staffing are able to meet or exceed business objectives.
• Oversee and troubleshoot day-to-day activities of the production areas to ensure production deliverables are met including but not limited to production schedules & rates, uptime, yield, cost, and product quality.
• Identify and lead improvements in all facets of operations such as EHS, yield, energy reduction, uptime, cycle times, new product introductions, fixed cost reductions, etc. to support business objectives.
• Develop and implement improvements to ensure production capacity is available to achieve sales demand.
• Function as technical leader (process engineering lead) of various improvement projects.
• Work with the Lab, Process/Production Engineering and Maintenance teams to execute production trials, schedule plant maintenance shutdowns and execute site capital plans.
• Participate in budget setting, monthly cost tracking, manage spend to budget and forecasting.
• Establish and monitor key performance metrics; review and implement actions to ensure that KPI objectives are met.
• Serve as Operations representative during PHA Management reviews
• Daily visibility in the plant to directly engage the workforce as well as observe employee performance to ensure good work habits and good safety habits are followed.
• BS in Chemical Engineering with 10+ years hands-on work experience in a chemical manufacturing facility; prior management experience in a team environment.
• Strong engineering and technical background with understanding of plant process and product costing
• Working knowledge of batch and continuous chemical process operations
• Demonstrated strong people leadership and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter who is able to work independently with little to no direction and supervision.
• Must have ability to interact with customers, regulatory agencies and corporate personnel
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Excel, SAP, etc. Knowledge of Delta-V DCS desired.
• Professional and engaging; must show an ability to work well in a team environment.
• Integrity - maintain confidentiality; remain open minded, exhibit good listening skills.
• Planning/Organizing - prioritize and plan work activities and uses time efficiently, organize meeting.
• Viewed as a Leader, manage a diverse workgroup, and fair and equitable in management of people.
• Adaptability- Flexible and adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering .
2. 10+ years of hands on experience in a chemical manufacturing facility.
3. 3+ years of management experience in a chemical manufacturing facility.