Wilkes-Barre , PA 18711
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Operations Manager will provide input to planning activities and is an advocate of cost reduction efforts and quality improvement via fulfillment and distribution operations. Provide input and manage the fulfillment and distribution strategy to support multiple services/products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage a distribution and fulfillment site.
- Responsible for meeting financial targets (Key measurements and benchmarks distribution & labor costs)
- Provides leadership, support, motivates, directs and retains high caliber staff.
- Promotes "total customer satisfaction" (delivery, quality etc.) within all Operations teams
- Identifies and solves critical operational problems.
- Determines departmental staffing requirements as part of Operational planning/budgeting.
- Initiate advanced fulfillment and logistics programs to improve operations.
- Lead the development, acquisition and validation of new processes for distribution, fulfillment and logistics to meet business goals.
- Integrate the technology, quality, purchasing and logistics functions to support services, cost and process excellence.
- Provide leadership in the development of an effective organization and its members
- Creating a talent and labor management process in coordination with GM to ensure that the right resources are in place.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices in terms of material management and contract performance monitoring in order to optimize cost, quality and delivery time.
- Demonstrated leader with at least 3 years progressive management experience in a 3PL environment is preferred.
- Ecommerce or direct to consumer/ business (D2C/B2C) highly preferred.
- Experience in a fast pace, high volume unit pick fulfillment DC environment.
- Ability to understand and thrive in a high volume work environment during extremely busy peaks season while executing multiple projects simultaneously. Must be proactive, numbers driven and a good anticipated planner.
- Hands-on strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency developing metrics planning (good knowledge of spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems a plus