New York , NY 10014
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Great Jones equips and empowers home cooks by making high-quality, beautiful kitchenware more widely accessible. Were looking for an experienced leader to oversee Great Joness ongoing operations and work closely with the CEO in executing the vision. You will be the companys second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business driving planning, supply chain, margin improvements. Together, with the companys CEO and outsourced CFO, youll also develop detailed financial plans for inventory and operations. As a leader in a small business, you will be executing much of the operations work yourself, with the opportunity to build out a team as Great Jones grows. (Youll also assume responsibility for additional business functions as the organization is built out.) While this position will be temporarily remote, youll be expected to be based in New York in 2021.
What youll do:
- Execute cross-functional operating plans that are linked to annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and company goals for performance and growth.
- Help establish and execute policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Work with CEO to develop organizational structure.
- Actively source and interview potential candidates to fill roles to build out Ops.
- Work with CEO to manage and build a team with high morale and productivity.
- Financial and demand planning
- Lead detailed, dynamic inventory planning function.
- Develop or refine existing inventory models based on future growth plans, financial considerations, and other internal goals.
- Oversee budgeting and timely placement of purchase orders.
- Work with CEO and outsourced CFO on broader financial planning and strategy to scale Great Jones.
- Fulfillment, shipping, and logistics
- Oversee distribution partners and processes with a goal of driving margins improvements and creating systems that can scale.
- Lead overhaul of packaging and outbound shipping programs.
- Launch and manage international shipping.
- Monitor supply chain performance by defining KPIs for shipping, inbound logistics, and returns.
- Assess ideal timing and opportunities for additional warehousing.
- Oversee the CX function, including one direct CX report to start.
- Make data-driven recommendations for when and how to scale CX function.
- Monitor performance and report to the CEO on a monthly basis.
- Oversee Production function, supporting the CEO in strategic planning and execution of new products that achieve goals for margins, revenue, AOV, and strategic vision for business.
- Manage production of new products source and identify vendors, negotiate contracts, create and manage production schedules.
- Communicate directly with manufacturers to ensure quality and timely production.
- Drive down unit costs of products as we scale.
Who you are:
- Calm and steady in the face of difficult decisions.
- A hands-on "doer" able to get into the weeds when needed, you dont default to outsourcing tasks.
- Confident holding both employees and external vendors to high standards.
- Flexible able to support Great Jones with a no task is too small attitude.
- Open to change this is a transformative time for Great Jones, and you need to be able to adapt to changes in team and organizational structure.
- A great multi-tasker.
- Conceptual, logical someone who takes a top-down approach to problem solving.
- A self-starter extremely organized and adept at working within deadlines.
- Driven to constantly improve open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to take on a range of duties both large and small and within or outside the four-corners of your job description.
- Bachelors degree; MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of organizational leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience identifying talent, unifying, and motivating a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an adaptable and hungry-to-grow mindset
- Startup experience preferred
What we offer includes:
- Medical and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Unlimited vacation time
- Budget for learning and development
As a company that values inclusion, Great Jones seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.