Operations Director For Mediamonks LA
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 2 months ago
MediaMonks LA is looking for a talented operations monk who will be supporting the set up of new teams and work streams in collaboration with our producers. This role analyses and improves organizational processes, and works to safeguard quality, productivity and efficiency throughout our production cycles.Were looking for an entrepreneurial soul who comfortably wears different hats and is a stellar problem solver. While making sure that the current teams have everything they need, youll liaise with multiple offices to grow and improve processes as well as resourcing and recruitment.Capabilities
- You have a background in project management, production or operations.
- Youre comfortable doing many different things, all while remaining approachable.
- You like creative problem solving.
- Youre not shy of intensive recruitment cycles.
- You thrive when given challenges.
- Youre interested in supply chain optimization and production efficiencies.
- Youre willing to deep dive into software and geek out.
- Youre an independent and ambitious individual whos also fast and focused.
- Youre OK with a schedule that is flexible and not predictable.
- Youre willing to travel (when possible).
- You want to build international teams.
Operate as our Operations Monk
At MediaMonks, youll join a young, successful and crazy-ambitious company creative people would kill to work for. Youll get to do great work with even better coworkers. You can go all-in with our one-of-a-kind company culture, and all-out at parties and winter sports. We even have an epic lunch and a next-gen pension fund. If you meet and exceed this profile, stop playing on your phone and send us your best application so far.
- External strategic/operational responsibilities
- Youll dive deep into the client universe to truly understand business needs, identify pain points and map a fitting way of working.
- Youll define production strategies, write up workflows and dig deep into tooling and system solutions.
- Youll support the creation of documentation and training materials.
- Youll identify and protect measures of success.
- Youll plan calibration meetings and help build great relationships.
- Talent and recruitment
- Work with the producers to recruit the right talent for our teams. Facilitate the progress by selecting, planning, and interviewing, as well as tracking progress globally.
- Handle the onboarding of new employees by tag teaming with HR, facility managers and office assistants.
- Support production teams
- Whilst the production team focuses on the day-to-day, you look ahead and prepare the operation for growth.
- Help solve problems and enable great communication between teams.
- Liaise with the operational leads around the world.
- Workflows, systems and tooling
- Pinpoint wonderful workflows and choose the right tools and software per project.
- Audit and streamline processes and help to introduce new software if needed.
- Help nurture a positive learning environment.
- Investigate automation where possible.
- Training the trainers
- Think in infinite scalability by creating training documentation, tools, training sessions, train the trainer workshops...
- When a new operation has reached a stable stage, youll become more client agnostic.
- Support sales and presentations.
- Help other producers understand what it takes to sell and run a studio.
- Travel to clients (when possible).
- Nurture culture by organizing events and keep an eye on talent happiness.
- Support program directors and producers with talent management.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a persons appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.