This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you have a keen attention to detail? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and manymore.SUMMARY:
Responsible for the presentation of items, which includes sorting, cleaning, and labeling.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Pre-auction tasks
- Enter item information into computer system accurately
- Ensure all items are imaged in a timely manner
- Prepare (sort, clean, label) items for auctions
- Post-auction tasks
- Prepare orders for shipping in compliance with established procedures
- Ship orders immediately after auctions
- Process and forward items remaining onsite until payments are received
- Inform supervisors of any discrepancies
- Review and match numbers accurately
- Must be able to work at 3AM during high production seasons
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Have excellent communication skills
- High ability to effectively multitask and meet deadlines
- High willingness to perform repetitive tasks; be highly detail oriented
- Work well with others and have a positive attitude.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of repeating tasks, sitting, walking, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling.
- Individual may repeatedly lift up to 40 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Work flexible hours and shifts (3:00am to 3:00pm or 6:00am to 6:00pm)
- This position may require up to 25% of travel
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE