Operating Room Surgical Tech
Odell Medical Search
Annapolis , MD 21401
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A nationally recognized hospital in the Annapolis, MD area is seeking Operating Room Surgical Techs
- A non-profit
- Teaching hospital
- Rated high performing in 7 adult procedures and conditions
- Offers sub-specialty care in every area of surgery
- Consistently receive awards for quality, patient satisfaction and innovation
- Ideally situated in the center of American history, within easy reach to the regions most vibrant cities.
- Has been in existence for over 350 years, and is today a modern and sophisticated destination for diverse lifestyles.
- Part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area just 29 miles east of Washington, D.C., 26 miles south of Baltimore, and an easy train ride to New York City.
- The area is also considered the gateway to the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
- Across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, you'll find historic towns and Ocean City, the largest seaside resort in the Mid-Atlantic
The Role You Will Play:
- 3-12 hour shift or 4-10s.
- Maintains a safe environment for the patient and the O.R. team by assuring a sterile environment, using equipment according to operating room manual.
- Transports patients and specialty equipment in accordance with safety policy.
- Provides patient care during the intra-operative phase of the surgery using physician preference cards and organizing and prioritizing care activities based on the patient and/or environmental changes.
- Functions as a first scrub in the following types of cases (including but not limited to): general/GYN, ENT, plastics, basic/minor ortho/neuro, dental/ortho, urology/cysto and basic vascular procedures, and demonstrates proper care of instrumentation including cleaning and sterilization of surgical equipment
- Performs the following surgical skills independently: Opening surgical supplies, gowning and gloving all members of the surgical team, basic positioning of the patient, between case cleaning, terminal cleaning of the ORs and surgical suite, performs circulating skills and tasks as directed.
This Company Cares About Its Employees:
- Relocation Assistance
- Generous call pay.
- Excellent benefits
- Shift differential for those shifts that qualify
- Tuition assistance
- Paid holidays
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technologist program or its equivalent.
- Must have completed a minimum of 125 surgical procedures in the role as first scrub.