Austin , TX 78701
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The engineer will provide consulting services in DevOps, to work with Client teams and drive the DevOps journey, starting with the implementation of Client’s RedHat OpenShift tool.
He or she will guide the Client in preparing the design roadmap, implementing the tool, structure the modules and assist with writing, testing and deploying new code.
Candidate should be able to work without supervision and should possess strong leadership qualities and proficient technology skills to work in a multi-business unit environment.
Travel as required to work from the client’s location.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with OpenShift; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use OpenShift as PaaS to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate OpenShift solution architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
- Experience as a consultant, system architect or implementation lead, operating in a senior capacity in the open source community
- Experience with CI/CD principles
- Strong OpenShift deployment and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on experience with Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Red Hat Satellite
- BS degree in computer science, MIS or related field
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Certification
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) Certification