On-Highway Truck Product Support Sales Manager
San Antonio , TX 78245
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position is responsible for the development of a product support strategic plan for the On-Highway Truck Department, and the successful management of the Truck Service/Parts Department's business plan. As such, this position evaluates, allocates and directs all human, physical and financial resources for the Department.
Key Responsibility Areas
Monitor, Promote and Align the On-Highway Truck Department's daily business practices with the companies core values, mission, and vision so that they are effectively and consistently put into action.
Develop, Monitor, Promote and Implement strategic business plans for the Truck Departments in order to maintain stability and growth for the company.
Select, Evaluate and Develop the human resources of the Truck Departments in order to ensure competent, committed staff to provide Legendary Customer Satisfaction.
Evaluate, Allocate and Control the financial and physical resources (e.g. facilities, tooling, inventories) of the Truck Department in order to optimize quality, performance, and meet the needs of all stakeholder groups.
Monitor, Communicate and Implement daily operational practices (structure systems, processes) for Truck parts and service operations in order to provide Legendary Customer Service and achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
Key Competency Areas:
This position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes in the following areas.
- Problem Solving Expertise
- This area focuses on the rational approach to the processes involved in identifying and defining problems, generating and selecting solution strategies, and reducing performance gaps through implementation and problem prevention. It includes both theoretical, complex, longer-term problem solving and operational, shorter-term problem-solving methodologies as well as effective decision-making skills. (e.g. problem identification, risk analysis, solution generation, prioritization, goal setting, conflict resolution, data gathering, problem prevention)
- This area deals with the skills involved in accomplishing work results with and through people by interacting with or influencing them individually or in groups. It includes; managing, motivating and developing professional and operational staff members on a day-to-day basis; providing directive skills and methods-including structuring modification of behaviors; providing supportive skills and methods - including listening, asking open-ended questions and ensuring reinforcement of behaviors (e.g. role clarification, showing how, establishing timelines, praising, coaching, listening, asking for input, disclosing, team building, delegating, collaboration).
- This area focuses on the skills used to establish, monitor and schedule short-term and long-term plans that are comprehensive, realistic and effective in achieving goals. It includes: Developing strategic plans and annual business plans, structuring self and others efforts to attain maximum productivity by establishing and monitoring deadlines, milestones, tasks, budget limits, and required resources; forecasting and visioning.
- Self Management Capabilities
- This area focuses on the degree to which an individual appropriately modifies their natural behaviors and actions to most effectively fit the situation they are dealing with. It includes; "Fitting ourselves to the Job" versus "Fitting the job to ourselves"; Making sure that we don't "overuse" our natural strengths and talents; Taking the self initiative to continuously improve ourselves and ensuring that we take actions that "Need" to be taken versus taking actions that we "like" to take (e.g. How we adapt, listen, speak, question, seek feedback, manage time and take initiative).
- This area focuses on the specific technical expertise required for this job position. This includes knowledge and experience with the following: Caterpillar, International, Kenworth, Cummin